Simply opening your windows may seem like a small thing, but it can actually make a huge difference to your home’s look and feel – not to mention you and your family’s health.
1. Improves your home’s indoor air quality: Did you know that indoor air is twice as polluted as outdoor air? Keeping your windows closed traps dust, pet dander, mold spores, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and other pollutants inside your home. Exposure to these can lead to allergic reactions and even flu-like symptoms.
You’ll want to ventilate your home for this reason, which means opening your windows at least 15 minutes everyday. This helps get rid of any contaminants inside your home while letting you draw in fresher and cooler air from the outside. Ventilation works better with the right window style. You should check out the high-quality options offered by premier window company Renewal by Andersen® of Wyoming. These include our:
• Casement windows, which have a wide opening and can be angled to direct cooling breezes into your home.
• Double hung windows, which have two operable sashes that can be opened at the same time to deliver smooth and continuous airflow in your living space.
2. Keeps your home fresh: Odors stick around in rooms with closed windows – and these smells are not always fragrant. This is especially true in kitchens, where food smells may remain noticeable for hours, or in bathrooms, where cleaning odors take longer to dissipate. Nobody wants a home that reeks of detergent or stale food, so make sure to keep those windows open.
3. Lowers your cooling bills: Open windows are especially handy in the warm season. They help keep your home comfortable by letting in cool air, which in turn, reduces your reliance on your air conditioning system. Imagine getting to enjoy significant energy savings just by keeping your windows open!
Schedule Your FREE Window Estimate Today!
Renewal by Andersen of Wyoming is your trusted source for the highest quality replacement windows and doors. We’ll be more than happy to help you design the perfect window combination that can better direct cooling breezes into your home, keeping your spaces safer, healthier and more comfortable. Call us today at (307) 472-2199, or fill out this contact form to schedule your FREE window consultation. We proudly serve the areas in and around Casper and Douglas, WY.